Prova Modelo 5
Escola Secundária Braamcamp Freire – Pontinha
Preparação para o Exame de Equivalência à Frequência – Inglês (11º Ano)
Read the following text carefully
A. Are these statements true or false? Correct the false ones.
- Dianne’s employer wanted to tell her that she had been promoted.
- Diane reacted very badly when she heard the bad news.
- She would receive a month’s salary for her layoff.
- She only realized what had happened to her after leaving the office.
- Diana decided to go back to university to pursue her new objective.
B. Complete these sentences according to the text.
1. Dianna had always wanted to take a degree in psychology …
2. One night the graduated student decided …
C. What do the following refer to in the text?
1. her (line 14) 2. them (line 15)
3. her (2nd , line 16) 4. me (line 17)
D. Answer the following questions. Use your own words as far as possible.
1. How did Diana react to the news of her layoff?
2. How is she planning her future now? Why has she decided so?
A. Rewrite the following sentences, starting them as suggested.
1. Dianne .has a degree in psychology, but she hasn’t decided about her future yet.
a) Although …
b) Is spite of …
2. She was not only made redundant, but her marriage also broke up.
Not only …
3. The interviewer asked Dianne a lot of personal questions.
B. Put the verbs in brackets in the right tense.
Recent studies (4) _________________ (show) that technology can create more jobs than it (5) _______________________ (destroy)
Write a short comment (about 80 words) on the short story “Names” as a portrait of Southern American society of the time.
In about 120 words, comment on the following
“Technological developments have caused great changes in the world of work”
|< Anterior||Seguinte >|